Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Beam me up Scotty!!! Conclusion

… continuation of my last posting ‘Beam me up Scotty’

After the passing of my mother, I was alone and destitute. How on earth can I manage everything by myself? I needed a quick fix. I approached anyone and everyone in the family that I can depend on. But alas, everyone seemed like they have a lot on their own plates too.

I made the quick decision. I was able to persuade one of my sister-in-laws to care for my baby while I am at work. I promised to pay her some fees for the trouble. In the end, I was forced to postpone my normal school subject classes and re-enrolled for my part-time secretarial course. Money was tight. I did the best to survive the harsh situation. I worked my way up in the hotel line and attended courses from time to time. It was some sort of fulfillment but not as fulfilling as getting the appropriate education. I was utterly deprived.

Lest not forgotten, I kept that burning desire within me. I promised myself, I will get there someday, one way or the other. For now, work must go on, there were urgent bills to be paid..

ends.

No comments: