Monday, August 10, 2009

Randomly in the mood

It was my plan to update my blog once a month. But of late, I have been bogged down with summer visitors and my trip to Sicily. One can easily get sidetracked when there are tons of activities to attend to. My mind was constantly brewing with things to do for the last summer in Italy. Although my husband's contract in Italy has been extended to June 2010, I reckon that there will be no more of those short trips on planet of the pastas.

Contrary to my believe, every good thing have to end eventually. And so is our tour in Italy. I enjoyed most part of it albeit the rising cost of living persistently continues.

I came back from my one month summer holiday in Sicily about three weeks ago. Time spent with my daughter and granddaughter was so precious. I was saddened when I left them. Nothing I can do to change the situation. My daughter has her own family and I have a husband that needs my presence at home. Beside all of these, there are urgent matters that needed to be addressed. Very little time to keep my little stubby fingers from tapping on the keyboard to update my blog.

No doubt I have been married for a long time to a US citizen, I never really had the opportunity to sort out my Green card issue. It never bothered me at all since we have been traveling around the world from the day we got married. Who would have thought these things when we were too busy getting settled in another foreign land. Getting adjusted to different cultures and traditions took up most of our time. To make matter worst, we moved once in every two years. Our minds are preoccupied and focused as where the next location might be. This time, we ain't going anywhere but back to the big country.

Evidently I am forced this time to get around with the real thing in life. No time for regrets or wonder why I didn't do it more than a decade ago. No more excuses. I got down to the bottom of it and submitted my paperwork.

I prayed so hard to get my first step approved by the authorities. My prayers were answered. My petition was approved by USCIS and forwarded to the consular office to process my Green card. Believe me, this is only the beginning. There are few more steps to go. I can't wait to get this pressing issue to be completed. Wish me luck and give me a moment in your prayer.


1 comment:

Jo said...

Zia, I hope it will be a speedy process.