Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back for a bit...

Where did the time flies? I last posted on Feb 13 and left for a sudden trip back to Borneo. My trip was not fun to say the least; caring and babysitting a sick husband. It was a tough one and I almost lost my wit. He practically drove me up the wall ... lol. I would have preferred to babysit a newborn.

A three-month of pure dedication to an immobile husband and to top it up, the journey to Sabah Medical Center was endless. I am almost certain that I knew every pothole that existed from Kinarut to Sabah Medical Center. I avoided those potholes because of the condition of my husband's surgery that was so vulnerable from getting ripped. I made it through without any incident.

My husband's short-term disability finally ended the first week of May. We headed back for Italy to continue where we left. Our Siamese cat was scrawny but luckily still in good health. Thanks to a good landlord who cared for him while we were away. Both cars are still in good shape. Unfortunately, the house was covered with pile of dust and it took me almost a week to clean the nooks and crannies of the farm house.

Before we even got settled down from the extended time away from Italy, news of us departing the country started looming around us. Its June, and I am on my way to see my granddaughter. This could be my last visit to Sicily to see her. I am going to miss her terribly. Three weeks seem to be short and I intend to spend my time with her as much as I can. God knows, when will I see her again.

I am convinced this is going to be very difficult for me having to live further and further away from my granddaughter. Soon after seeing my granddaughter, I will be on my way again; this time all alone for couple of months. The chapter of our life in Italy is about to end. Its time to get packing again for another unknown adventure. Life is full of surprise; it never ceases to amaze me.

I dread to think of my impending journey in August .. nothing I can do to change it. Life has to go on for me and my husband.

ends.

1 comment:

Borneo rain said...

From a fellow traveler to another: May the memories sustain you in your darkest days! :) And may your life journey continue to unfold a gazilion roses in full bloom! :)