Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beam me up Scotty!!!

Beam me up Scotty! Often used by people who had followed Star Trek, an old television serie. Captain Kirk would frequently yell into his communicator when he needed to get out of a bad situation.

In my last posting titled "A young bride determined to beat the odds...", I felt that there is a need to continue the saga.

...... After the fateful night of my escape, I was brainwashed all the way to the wedding day. My family warned me that I will end up as a prostitute if I defy them. Today, when I recall the incident, it was merely but a bunch of bullshit.

I blame myself for falling right back into their trap. What on earth was I thinking? Yeah.. its easy for me to vent this now but it was a serious matter for a child-woman to endure the enormous stress placed upon her.

The wedding went ahead without incident. It was solemnized by the Catholic church. One buffalo, a pig and couple of fowls were sacrificed to appease the village idiots.

I am the new child-bride. Hooray!!! What do a child-bride do on her first night on bed with a man who is much older than her? I blinked, my eyes were full of tears. Can I do it? Yes, it did happened! I don't have to be graphic in my ordeal. You figure that out!

Nine months later, I gave birth to a beautiful baby. I was ecstatic. Life is wonderful after all. Oh, sorry, wrong again. I wasn't happy. I wanted to be with my family in my own village. I bundled up my newborn baby and my belongings. I screamed to the man I was married less than a year ago and asked him to send me back to my family.

Help! help! I want out of this fiasco. I was vulnerable and weak. My family was frightened that I will go into a mental breakdown and succumb to a depression. They couldn't convince me to go back to him. They backed-off and allowed me to stay with them.


... to be continued

No comments: