Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Plugging into a new health regimen.


One, two, three, four .. One, two, three, four ..

Dave went on and on doing his jumping jacks warm-up. I wasn't impress. On several occasions, my husband had told me that he is quitting from the fag and booze. I had waited and waited. Nothing changed.

I counted, today has been his 1st full week without the two. I am hoping that this will prevail as I dread the day when its too late to regret.

Its a yearly wish that I long to have it granted. A week ago, I noticed a sudden change. Am I dreaming? Yes, if it is in fact this is for real, I will be the happiest wife on earth. Fantastic! I wonder what made my husband changed his habits.

A year before, Dave told me that no one can change him. He is what he is. He said he is a big boy and knows the danger. He teased me that I will be well taken care if he dies young. Come on Dave, thats not the point. I often replied with sarcasms. "Okay, well just make sure that you renew all your policies before you do that" I relented. I have come to a point to let things ride its course till whenever and whatever reasons for them to stop.

Two weeks ago, we had a casual conversation covering all issues. I did expressed my concern over his health. I have observed him having difficulty grasping for breath while asleep. I told him of my fear and the implications that could cause his health to deteriorate. He was quiet, tilted his head up and both eyes were focused on the white ceiling. I searched for item of interest on the ceiling but it was just plain white plaster board.

ends.

No comments: